Stromberg Garrigan & Associates, Inc., (SGA) (www.s-ga.com) is a multi-discipline landscape architecture and urban design firm with affiliated practices in architecture and green infrastructure technology. Our firm is a national leader in urban and community revitalization specializing in brownfields redevelopment planning and resiliency design, with an emphasis on physical project implementation. SGA projects are geographically diverse ranging from major urban centers including the cities of New York, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, and Norfolk to smaller cities and towns located throughout the Mid-Atlantic, Midwest, and Rocky Mountain regions. Market sectors include mixed-use and urban infill development, resiliency planning and waterfront revitalization, adaptive reuse of historical and industrial structures, urban plazas, parks, and public spaces.
SGA is seeking candidates with a comprehensive business accounting experience for consultant service-based business operations. It is desirable, but not necessary, for candidates to have supplemental experience and/or education in the fields of business administration, communications, mathematics, or related field.
- Norfolk, VA (Hampton Roads Region) In-Person
- Implement processes, and manage company invoicing preparation, assembly, and submission for multi-company clients and consultants through project accounting system.
- Manage client billing and collections notification and tracking process.
- Prepare monthly revenue calculations, including WIP (work in process); advanced billing/retainer revenue recognition or accrual.
- Process monthly payroll allocations and accruals (including direct/indirect labor cost split)
- Process monthly expense accrual review, including payroll related accruals, bonus accruals, etc.
- Prepare monthly financial statements for SGA and subsidiaries for review and conduct P&L and BS review as part of month end close.
- Create Invoices inside project accounting software & Quickbooks.
- Apply consultant invoices and project expense receipts to projects in project accounting system.
- Track depreciating posting and reconciliation.
- Work with leadership and advisory consultant team on End of Month (EOM) financial planning reporting, company books cleanup, EOM closeout, and quality control review.
- Coordinate and support in the preparation of monthly KPI client/project reports in project accounting system and QuickBooks.
- Setup, coordinate, and support in the preparation of project & overhead reports in project accounting system.
- Oversee and manage labor and expense fee authorization schedules & support project managers in client/project set-up in project accounting system.
- Identify opportunities for process improvements in accounting processes.
- Support business operations, monthly KPI metrics reporting, cash flow management analytics, and short and long-term forecast modeling.
Subsidiary Company Responsibilities:
- Evaluation of inventory accounting for subsidiary and posting of corrected adjustments as required.
- Sales tax return preparation for subsidiary.
- Tracking and posting of other intercompany items.
- Calculation of intercompany allocations and posting of invoices.
- Bachelor’s degree (minimum) in accounting. It is desirable, but not necessary, for candidates to also hold a degree(s) in business administration, communications, mathematics or related field.
- It is preferred but not required to have A/E/C industry certifications such as Society for Design Administration’s (SDA), Certified Design Firm Administrator (CDFA) or Project Management Academy’s, PMP Certification.
- Effective time management skills and the ability to meet deadlines.
- English fluency (writing, speaking).
- High proficiency in Intuit Quickbooks, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, and Microsoft Outlook.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Teams
- General knowledge and demonstrated experience managing consultant service-based project management, accounting, CRM and billing/collections software platforms.
- Excellent eye for detail.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Sitting for extended lengths of time.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Typing and handwriting.
- Hand drawing.
- Occasional lifting of boxes up to 50lbs.
Candidates should submit cover letter, resume, work experience and professional references to: email@example.com.
Please indicate the position title you are applying for in the subject line of your email. Phone inquiries are not accepted.