Are you looking for an enjoyable design studio where your work is meaningful, and you are recognized for your efforts? How would you like to be engaged as a pivotal team member in every level of design? If so, look no further, we are the design office for you! We have a casual office environment, an enthusiastic team of design professionals, and a sincere design practice dedicated to quality work.
Stromberg Garrigan & Associates, Inc., (SGA) (www.s-ga.com) is a multi-discipline landscape architecture and urban design firm with affiliated practices in architecture and green infrastructure technology. Our firm is a national leader in urban and community revitalization specializing in brownfields redevelopment planning and resiliency design, with an emphasis on physical project implementation. SGA projects are geographically diverse ranging from major urban centers including the cities of New York, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, and Norfolk to smaller cities and towns located throughout the Mid-Atlantic, Midwest, and Rocky Mountain regions. Market sectors include mixed-use and urban infill development, resiliency planning and waterfront revitalization, adaptive reuse of historical and industrial structures, urban plazas, parks, and public spaces.
We are an award-winning firm engaged in local and national level planning and design projects. Given our high-profile work, we continue to put an emphasis on public places and matching client values of sustainability, resiliency, beauty, functionality, and longevity. We have a strong vision and a plan for growth as we are led by landscape architects and supported by many other disciplines. Our diversified group of landscape architects is looking for you if you are passionate about design quality and teamwork. We are looking for strong interpersonal skills, an eagerness to learn, ability to manage multiple projects, and exceptional writing and public speaking capabilities. We want you to have an ability to draw and have a proficient knowledge of construction documentation and construction administration. Duties for this position include project management and client interaction, conceptual and technical design tasks, public presentation, construction administration, coordination with in-office engineers and architects and out-of-house consultants, computer drafting / modeling, assembly of construction document sets, and mentoring junior staff as available.
We would love to have you join us Full Time in our office! If you have a great attitude and strong work ethic, please send us a cover letter with a paragraph about yourself along with your resume and portfolio. We look forward to meeting you.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher from an accredited university in Landscape Architecture (degree is preferred but not required)
- Landscape Architect License
- Preferable 8+ years’ design office experience in a variety of project types across various scales of work
- Working in the office full time (this is not a remote-work opportunity)
- Ability to manage self and others; we are looking for a leader
- Ability to take direction and critique and work in a team setting
- Willingness to travel out of state, on occasion, based on project requirements
- Organizational skills
- High degree of spelling and grammar awareness
- High self-motivation, fun-loving and people-person attitude
- Broad knowledge of technical design
- Ability to draw by hand and label with legible handwriting
- Proficiency in AutoCAD (experience with Land F/X is a plus), the Adobe Creative Suite
- Working knowledge of SketchUp, and various renderers
- A passion for working with people and communicating by phone and in-person.
Employees are offered a competitive compensation package which includes a retirement program and paid holidays, as well as health, life, dental, vision, and disability insurances.
Submit a cover letter with resume and portfolio to our Human Resources department at:
Stromberg/Garrigan & Associates
300 E. Main Street
Norfolk, VA 23510
Mailed hardcopies receive priority review.
Stromberg/Garrigan & Associates, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values a diverse workplace.