- Norfolk, VA
- Working with project managers/principals in multiple offices to support and contribute to project design work from master planning and analysis efforts through construction document and specification preparation;
- Serving as a technical resource to support projects and manage tasks and projects;
- Assisting in the development of presentation graphics, graphic models and renderings, technical documents, and construction documents; and
- Being responsive to managers, project team, and clients in support of project implementation; ensure timely, cost effective, high-quality service, and product delivery.
- Accredited Bachelor degree (required minimum) or Master degree (preferred) in Landscape Architecture. It is desirable, but not necessary, for candidates to hold duel degrees in, Horticulture, Environmental Sciences, Ecology, Urban Design or Architecture.
- Licensed to practice as a Professional Landscape Architect (PLA/RLA/CLA). (Desirable but not required depending on years of experience.)
- Experience working on public sector and civic projects.
- Experience with preparing construction documents, grading plans, and specifications.
- It is desirable to have a strong foundation in planting and ecological design, plant communities, and restoration planting.
- Experience working with government clients, developers, non-profit clients, and community groups.
- It is preferred but not required to demonstrate experience facilitating/managing projects.
- Competent writing, presentation, and verbal communication skills.
- Strong hand drawing, hand drafting, and hand rendering skills. Portfolios and/or samples of work should illustrate the applicant’s artistic strengths beyond computer aided graphics. Hand drawings should illustrate the applicant’s skills in design process; diversity of media; and understanding of object scale, form, depth, etc. beyond the digital design environment.
- Experience preparing and assembling presentation graphics, 3D/BIM models and renderings, and construction document preparation and assembly.
- Experience in plant identification, preparing planting plans, and site grading & conveyance design.
- Experience in digital fabrication and scaled prototype modeling
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, AutoCAD Civil 3D/3D Map, Rhinoceros, Sketch Up Pro, Google Earth Pro, Adobe Creative Suites, MS Office, AutoCAD 3DS Max and Revit. (It is desirable that applicants have a high proficiency in all or most software packages listed)
- Portfolio samples of work should illustrate the candidate’s strength of understanding in graphic and written presentation as well as software and hand drawing/sketching/drafting proficiencies.
- Sitting for extended length of time
- Periodic and multi-day travel to site locations and to facilitate public engagement/meetings
- Fluency in public speaking in the English Language
- Fieldwork/ability to travel
- Valid drivers license
- Typing and hand writing
- Hand drawing
- Occasional lifting of boxes up to 50lbs
Please indicate the position (Landscape Designer/Landscape Architect) you are applying for in the form below. Phone inquiries are not accepted.