- Norfolk, VA
- Work with project managers/principals in multiple offices to support and contribute to project design work from master planning and analysis efforts through construction document and specification preparation;
- Serve as a technical resource to support and manage projects;
- Assist and lead in the development of presentations, technical documents, construction administration and reports;
- Giving client and public presentations; and
- Be responsive to managers and clients in support of project implementation; ensure timely, cost effective, high-quality service and product delivery.
- Accredited Bachelor degree (minimum) or Master degree (preferred) in Landscape Architecture. It is desirable, but not necessary, for candidates to hold duel degrees in Architecture, Horticulture, Environmental Sciences, Ecology or Urban Design.
- Licensed to practice as a Professional Landscape Architect (PLA/RLA/CLA).
- Experience with neighborhood planning and civic design.
- Experience working with government clients, developers, non-profit clients, and community groups.
- It is required to demonstrate experience facilitating/managing projects.
- Competent writing, presentation and verbal communication skills.
- Strong hand drawing, hand drafting, and hand rendering skills. Portfolios and/or samples of work should illustrate the applicant’s artistic strengths beyond computer aided graphics. Hand drawings should illustrate the applicant’s skills in design process; diversity of media; and understanding of object scale, form, depth, etc. beyond the digital design environment.
- Experience preparing and assembling presentation graphics, 3D/BIM models and renderings, construction document preparation, specifications and cost estimation.
- Experience in plant identification, preparing planting plans and site grading & conveyance design.
- Demonstrated experience with grading, storm conveyance and green infrastructure design and engineering.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, AutoCAD Civil 3D/3D Map, Rhinoceros, Sketch Up Pro, Google Earth Pro, Adobe Creative Suites, and MS Office. (It is desirable that applicants have a high proficiency in all or most software packages listed)
- Portfolio samples of work should illustrate the candidate’s strength of understanding in graphic and written presentation as well as software and hand drawing/sketching/drafting proficiencies.
- Sitting for extended length of time
- Fluency in public speaking in the English Language
- Fieldwork/ability to travel
- Valid drivers license
- Typing and hand writing
- Hand drawing
- Occasional lifting of boxes up to 50lbs
Please indicate the position (Project Landscape Architect) you are applying for in the form below. Phone inquiries are not accepted.