Stromberg Garrigan & Associates, Inc., (SGA) (www.s-ga.com) is seeking a highly experienced landscape architect and urban designer with more than ten years of experience to serve as the Leader of our Landscape Architecture & Urban Design Studio located in our Pittsburgh, PA office. Our ideal candidate has a proven track record of successfully overseeing all aspects of landscape and urban design projects for the public and private sectors, with extensive knowledge of urban redevelopment and civic space and infrastructure design and construction. Additional qualities include acting as a leader who can provide strategic direction, business development as well as expertise in practice management and oversight. The successful candidate will bring a passion and verve to our team and be responsible for leading the practice and fostering excellent client relations.
- Pittsburgh, PA (In-Office)
- Serving as Project Manager and as the lead contact with clients. Demonstrating leadership in the implementation and execution of projects to meet and exceed client’s goals and expectations.
- Serving clients, project teams, and staff in support of project implementation; ensure timely, cost effective, high-quality service, and product delivery.
- Overseeing, managing, and mentoring staff.
- Overseeing presentational development, technical documentation, and reports and setting the visual graphic design vocabulary for the firm’s work.
- Leading client and public presentations, workshops, and meetings.
- Collaborating on proposals and business development activities.
- Working with firm principals and staff in multiple offices to support and contribute to project design work from master planning to design efforts.
- Inspiring and leading staff and others by example, participating in staff mentoring and training, clearly defining team member expectations and responsibilities, empowering others, and delegating where appropriate based on team members’ recognized abilities and potential.
- Landscape Architecture license is required in PA. Preferred states: VA and WV
- Bachelor’s degree (minimum) with a master’s level degree (preferred) in Landscape Architecture with a degree, certificate, or proven experience in Urban Design or Community Planning.
- Extensive experience with civic and community infrastructure projects from schematic design through construction administration.
- Experience working with government clients, departments of transportation, non-profit clients, community groups, and private clients.
- Demonstrated experience in facilitating/managing projects.
- Demonstrated experience with graphic design and major document preparation/production.
- Demonstrated experience in preparing proposals and participating in a presentation procurement process.
- Periodic and multi-day travel to site locations and to facilitate public engagement programs.
- English fluency (writing, speaking).
- Demonstrated excellence in writing, presentation, and verbal communication/public speaking skills.
- Extensive experience preparing and assembling presentations and report/plan document preparation and assembly.
- High Proficiency in AutoCAD, Land F/X, Deltek Specpoint, and AutoCAD Civil 3D.
- Proficiency in Sketch Up Pro, Adobe InDesign, Adobe Illustrator, and Adobe Photoshop. (It is desirable that applicants have extensive experience and proficiency in all or most software packages listed in order to properly manage and mentor staff).
- Experience using Microsoft project, Microsoft Access, virtual whiteboard software platforms, synchronous and asynchronous virtual public engagement and presentation tools, and virtual survey tools.
- Portfolio samples of work should illustrate the candidate’s strength of understanding in graphic and written presentation as well as software and hand drawing/sketching/drafting proficiencies.
- Sitting for extended length of time
- Periodic and multi-day travel to site locations and to facilitate public engagement/meetings.
- Fieldwork/ability to travel.
- Valid driver’s license
- Typing and handwriting
- Hand drawing
- Occasional lifting of boxes up to 50lbs
- Must have a valid driver license and insurable driving record.
Candidates should submit cover letter, resume, portfolio, and/or samples of graphic and written work to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please indicate the position (Regional Studio Leader – Landscape Architecture & Urban Design Studio) and the office location you are applying for in the subject line of your email. Phone inquiries are not accepted.