- Norfolk, VA
- Serving as Project Manager and as the lead contact with clients;
- Collaborating on proposals and business development activities;
- Overseeing, managing, and mentoring staff on project work;
- Working with principals and staff in multiple offices to support and contribute to project design work from master planning to design efforts;
- Serving as a technical resource to support projects and manage tasks and projects;
- Overseeing presentational development, technical documentation, and reports;
- Leading client and public presentations;
- Managing public workshops and meetings; and
- Serving clients, project teams, and staff in support of project implementation; ensure timely, cost effective, high-quality service, and product delivery.
- AICP certification is required.
- Bachelor degree (minimum) with a Masters level degree (preferred) in City and Regional Planning or Urban Design. It is desirable, but not necessary, for candidates to also hold a degree(s) in architecture or landscape architecture.
- Experience with neighborhood planning and civic design.
- Experience working with non-profit clients, community groups, government clients, and private clients.
- Demonstrated experience in facilitating/managing projects.
- Demonstrated experience in preparing proposals.
- Periodic and multi-day travel to site locations and to facilitate public engagement programs.
- English fluency (writing, speaking).
- Competent writing, presentation, and verbal communication/public speaking skills.
- Experience preparing and assembling presentations and report/plan document preparation and assembly.
- Proficiency in ESRI ArcGIS, Google Earth Pro, Adobe InDesign, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, and MS Office. (It is desirable that applicants have a high proficiency in all or most software packages listed in order to properly manage and mentor staff.).
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, AutoCAD 3D map, Sketch Up Pro (for urban designers)
- Portfolio samples of work should illustrate the candidate’s strength of understanding in graphic and written presentation as well as software and hand drawing/sketching/drafting proficiencies.
- Sitting for extended length of time
- Periodic and multi-day travel to site locations and to facilitate public engagement/meetings
- Fieldwork/ability to travel
- Valid driver’s license
- Typing and hand writing
- Hand drawing
- Occasional lifting of boxes up to 50lbs
Please indicate the position (Senior Planner/Urban Designer) you are applying for in the form below. Phone inquiries are not accepted.